HENDERSON BAPTIST CHURCH, est. 1839
County Line Baptist Church, now Henderson Baptist Church, Houston County, was constituted August 7, 1839 by the Reverends J. Langley, Allen Morris, and A.T. Holmes, at a meeting at Mr. Pennuel's schoolhouse with eight members present. That same year the church was received as a member of the Rehoboth Association. The original handwritten deed to the land on which the old Sanctuary now stands is dated May 10, 1846. The deed is from W.M. Brown to the Henderson Baptist Church.
In the fall of 1965, a Pastorium was built on land donated to the church by the late Mr. Fred Langston, Sr. and Mrs. Langston. In 1968, a new brick building was constructed and houses the Sanctuary, Church Office, Church Library, prayer room and four Sunday School classrooms. The library was started in 1969 in one of the Sunday School Rooms built in 1966 and later moved to the new building.